How to Import Outlook Address Book to Thunderbird?
Are you finding the instant solution to import Outlook address book to Thunderbird? Read the complete article and get to know the steps to export Outlook contacts to Thunderbird profile.
Thunderbird is one that is a free desktop email client and can easily be accessed on Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems. It supports a .mbox file extension to store their data. Whereas Outlook is a paid email service that supports .pst file format.
Let us understand the situation with the user query:
“While undergoing my office doings, I came across a number of PST files which have some important contacts. However, I am using Thunderbird for office purposes and Outlook is not configured on my system. Please help me know a reliable approach to import Outlook contacts to thunderbird”
Methods to Import Outlook Address Book to Thunderbird
To be very honest, there is no direct method to export Outlook contacts to Thunderbird. But, there is a manual method through which you can move Outlook address book to Thunderbird. There are two stages
- Export Contacts from MS Outlook
- Then, import contacts to Thunderbird
Step 1: Move Contacts from Outlook
Users need to export their contacts to CSV file format. A detailed working for this is given below:
- Open MS Outlook, Go to the File menu
- Select Open & Export>> select Import and Export option.
- After that, select CSV from the list and click Next
- Browse Location to save CSV file
- From the Export to a file window choose the Next. Finally hit the Finish button.
Read More: How to Export Outlook Contacts to vCard
Step 2 : Import Exported Contacts to Thunderbird
Once the contacts are saved in CSV file format. Now you can easily import them to Thunderbird without any hassle. Given below are very simple steps to import Outlook contacts to Thunderbird contacts file.
Before, starting the process first you need to add the extension ImportExportTool NG.
- Open Thunderbird go to Tools >> Import
- From the Import select Address Book. Click the next button
- Select CSV file and hit Next
- Click OK and hit the Finish button.
If a user have PST file and want to extract contacts from PST files without Outlook to import contacts in Thunderbird. In this situation, you need to take the help of the most trustworthy and Expert Recommended PST to CSV Converter Tool. This is the best way to save contacts in CSV or VCF file format that can be easily imported in Thunderbird. It is a trustworthy tool that meets the increasing demand of users.
Steps to Export Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird Using Software
Step 1. First, launch the software in your system
Step 2. Select Add file and load all the Outlook PST contacts
Step 3. After scanning you will see the preview of all contacts
Step 4. Choose contacts to export and select VCF or CSV format
Step 5. Browse for location to save resultant file and hit the Export button.
Using these easy and very simple steps you can effortlessly import Outlook Address book to Thunderbird. It not only reduces the working time but is also highly efficient.
Alluring Features of the Conversion Tool
- This tool is using advanced algorithms through which the users convert files into different file formats.
- This application offers the option to transfer contacts into CSV and VCF file formats. This way you can easily export Outlook contacts to Thunderbird.
- It can convert the PST files that are fully damaged or corrupt. The software offers Advance Scan features that can fix all the corruption issues.
- This tool has the ability to repair completely deleted items from Outlook PST files.
- The software provides support to browse PST files within all or selected drives. It quickly browses and saves time and effort.
- It can also process multiple PST files at one time in the software. The exported data will be saved in a separate folder.
The Closing Words
The article explains the complete process to import Outlook Address Book to Thunderbird. There is no direct solution to do so. However, there are indirect manual methods. First, you need to save contacts in a CSV file and then import them in Thunderbird. But if the user has a PST file that has contacts and wants to import them into the Thunderbird account. For this, you can use the automated tool that we have suggested in the above blog. You can download and try the tool on Windows and Mac OS.