How to Save Contacts from Excel to Outlook?
This article will show you how to save contacts from Excel to Outlook. Through this article, you will know the 2 simple methods to get your work done. So, read the entire blog and get rid of this situation.
Hi, I am having issues to import Excel contacts to Outlook. As I have stored my contacts in my Excel spreadsheet, but because of the need. Now, I need to use them to send emails to few clients. So, for the same, I have tried many times. But got no perfect solution. Can anyone help me how to transfer contacts from Excel to Outlook.
Just like them, there might be many users who are searching for a solution to resolve it. Hence, we have come up with different methods to help you out.
Causes Behind to Save Excel Contacts to Outlook
However, the primary reason behind saving Excel contacts is that MS Outlook is a widely used email client. So, it provides more additional features to enhance the productivity and collaboration of your work. Whereas Excel is a convenient place where you store the contacts.
Also, in Excel file you can easily manage your data using different ways like;
- Merging several files
- Delete duplicates file
- Update multiple fields at the same time
- Capable to combine multiple contacts
- Authorize you to apply several formulas and sorting options
All the features that were provided by MS Excel but the major disadvantage and the reasons why the user wants to export Excel file to Outlook is that MS Excel doesn’t provide any direct option to share the contacts or you are not able to access it remotely without using any additional tool. That’s why users choose MS Outlook to minimize these limitations.
Methods to Save Contacts from Excel to Outlook
For this query, there are two top methods that you can go for. These methods are-
Now, let’s get dive more deep into both the methods to convert contacts Excel sheet to Outlook
Export Excel Spreadsheet Contacts to Outlook Using Manual
In this method, we will tell you how you can import Excel contacts to Outlook. So, to execute this task you need to save the MS Excel spreadsheet contacts into CSV format. Then, you can easily import that CSV file into MS Outlook.
- First of all, Open MS Excel and browse your contacts file
- Now, navigate to the File menu then hit the Save As an option
- After this, Browse the destination folder for the resultant file
- Now, from Save as type: choose CSV file format
- Then, you will see a message on your display screen accept them accordingly
- Finally, click on the Yes button to initiate the process.
Once the process is completed navigate to the destination folder and access the CSV file and follow the upcoming section to import that CSV file into Windows Outlook.
Import CSV File to Microsoft Outlook
- Initially, open MS Outlook then go to the Open & Export button
- Then, hit the Import/Export wizard
- Now, select Import from Another Program or file
- Click on Comma Separated Values option
- Afterwards, Browse the destination folder for the resultant file
- Now, you will see your CSV file select that, and finally hit the Finish button.
Wait for a while once the software finished the importing process. Open MS Outlook and access the imported contacts from Office 365. This is how you can move Excel file to Outlook.
Save Contacts from Excel to Outlook Using Expert Solution
But, the above process has some limitations like it does not convert multiple spreadsheet contacts into a CSV file. The manual methods lack to maintain the data consistency and you need to follow every step in a proper manner. As a result, there is a high risk of data corruption and data loss. Therefore, here, we will recommend you to go for the expert solution. The most reliable and professionally tested solution is SYSDaddy Excel to vCard Converter Tool. Try this program and get rid of this issue.
It is a smart automatic program that imports all Excel contacts in vCard format, a universally supported format where you can open Excel contacts in MS Outlook, mobile devices and across multiple platforms. Because of its easy user interface you can operate this in a trouble-free manner. Often specialists find the best professional solutions as they are reliable and ensure secure data transfer. After using this program, once you get your contacts in VCF format, you can open Excel contacts in Outlook.
Moreover, it comes with the free demo version. So, download it from below and use it’s trial version-
Read More: How to Transfer Contacts from Excel to iPhone Directly?
Steps by Step Guide to Convert Excel Worksheet to Outlook
Then, follow the steps to export Excel Spreadsheet contacts in vCard –
- Download and Install the tool on your personal computer
- Add MS Excel file using the Browse button to the software
- Afterward, Preview the Excel Spreadsheet contacts before conversion
- Now, Map the attributes accordingly
- Now, hit the Convert button to start the export Excel contacts to Outlook process.
Import vCard Contacts File to Outlook
Once the process is completed, the software automatically imports the Excel Spreadsheet contacts into MS Outlook in a trouble-free manner.
- Start your Outlook email client installed on Your Computer
- From the File option, choose Open and Export and then the “Import and Export” tab
- Select the “Import vCard file” option and click the “Next” icon
- Browse for the VCF file to import
- Press the Next button
- Finally, you can find the vCard file in the Outlook application
That’s where an automated solution to import an Excel address book into MS Outlook comes in handy.
Read More: How to Import Phone Numbers from Excel to Google Contacts?
Several people searching for a method to save contacts from Excel to Outlook. Therefore, in this article, we have described both manual and automated methods. Here, we have also discussed the ways to overcome the limitations of the Manual method with the help of this SYSDaddy Tool.
Moreover, the software has many additional features that support the bulk conversion. Likewise, it assist you in many ways. Also, you can also download the demo version of the tool from the site for free. But, the final choice is yours. So, choose the appropriate method as per your convenience.