How to Import Contacts from Excel to Gmail Account Manually?
You may have landed on this page because you might be searching for a solution to import contacts from Excel to Gmail. Here, we will be providing you the exact solutions for the same. Hence, we have mentioned the manual and SYDaddy Excel to vCard Converter Software.
Read the entire blog till the end to know how to import contacts from Excel to Google Contacts. Also, download the software from below and use its demo version for free.
However, we all know that Excel provides a tabular form. So, we can easily save our contacts and other data into them. In addition to them, we can add their attributes also. But, the problem comes when it requires the other software to support XLZ, XLSX, or XLSM files.
So, it becomes the reason when most of the users like you want to transfer their contacts. To do so, all decide to transfer contacts from Excel to Gmail account. Because Gmail is an open-source and free web-based email service.
Whatever the reason is to import your spreadsheet contacts, we are here to help you.
So, now, let’s move to the next section describing the solutions.
Related Article: How to Save Contacts from Excel to Outlook?
Solutions to Import Contacts from Excel to Gmail
Basically, there are two methods to import phone numbers from excel to Google contacts-
Both methods are easy to use, so, let’s know the working of both methods.
How to Transfer Contacts from Excel to Gmail Manually?
To process the manual task, you should first change the XLS file to CSV. It should be done because Gmail does not support XLS files. It is only compatible with CSV and vCard file formats. Then, we will later import the output file into Gmail account.
Step 1 – Save Excel File Format to CSV Format
- Firstly, open an Excel spreadsheet. Arrange your contacts with attributes
- Then, save the Excel file as CSV format by clicking Save As button
- Now, you are done with the import phone numbers from Excel to Google Contacts process.
Step 2- Import CSV File into Google Contacts
As of now, you are with the CSV file. So, now in this step, you need to import this file into your Gmail account. Follow the second part process-
- First of all, login with your Gmail email credentials
- Then, from the Right corner. Choose Contacts option from the given option of Google Apps
- Now, just pick the Import icon to import contacts from Excel to Gmail
- A new pop-up will arrive, hit the Select File given option
- After this, click on the Import button after selecting the .csv file
Done, this was the complete free manual process to transfer contacts from Excel to Gmail account.
Note: This entire process will take some time to import contacts from Spreadsheet to Gmail. However, it will totally depend on the number of the size of the Excel contacts file.
Drawbacks of the Manual Methods
Though the manual method is easy, but it comes with a few drawbacks. You will face issues while importing contacts from Spreadsheet to Google Contacts. A few of them are-
- As we have mentioned that Excel stores the data in the tabular form. So, because of it, in the manual method, there might be chances of losing the data integrity.
- Moreover, when you import the contacts you may lose some of the contacts fields. If it happens it can hamper the entire contact list.
Hence, to get rid of such drawbacks we have an automated solution. To know about this, go through with the next section.
How to Import Contacts from Excel to Gmail? Use Automated Way
Due to the above-mentioned limitations to transfer contacts from Excel to Gmail, we have come up to the point to use a professional method. Hence, the most reliable and trustworthy method is SYSDaddy Software. This professional utility will solve your query in just a few simple steps. Also, with the help of this solution, you will be able to view your Excel contacts in different view modes.
When it comes to saving data integrity, this tool saves the entire data integrity. It does not hamper your any data information. Using it, your query on how to import contacts from Excel to Google contacts will be solved in one go.
Moreover, it provides you the free trials to know about the working of it. You can download it from above.
Now, let’s just know how this program works.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from Excel to Gmail Instantly
Download the software on the computer. Then, follow the steps to import phone numbers from Excel to Google contacts-
- In the first step, click on the Browse button to add the Excel contacts
- Now, Preview all the Excel Contacts spreadsheet data. Select the vCard file as a saving option
- Then, select the Excel Fields and select any give option
- Finally, hit the Convert button to initiate import contacts from Spreadsheet to Gmail account process.
Note: When you successfully complete the entire task. Then, just import the output file to Gmail by using the above-mentioned procedure in Step 2.
How to Import Phone Numbers from Excel to Google Contacts – Wrap Up
There may be lots of users like you who want a solution for how to import contacts from Excel to Gmail account. Therefore, to help all of you, in this blog, we have shared all the possible solutions. The free manual and the professional automated SYSDaddy Solution.
Though the manual method is free but has some limitations. By using it, you may face losing some of your data. Hence, it is recommended to go for the professional method. By using it, you can easily transfer contacts from Excel to Gmail. There are many options that let you import contacts from Spreadsheet to Gmail.
However, the final choice is yours. So, choose the right one wisely.