How to Fix We Found a Problem With Some Content in Excel 2013, 2016, 2019 Error?
Summary: Here, this tutorial explains the different ways to fix we found a problem with some content in excel 2013, 2016, 2019. Manual and automated method has been shared. So, to know in detail, go through with this entire blog.
As MS Excel has become the most important part of our life to managing anything. Because of its massive usage now it has reached the top position that cannot be replaced. But, as you know about the saying “No one is perfect”.
However, sometimes, the Excel worksheet also starts creating issues. While using it displays different types of errors. Such as “we found a problem with some content in excel (Name of the Excel file)”. Do you want us to recover as much as we can?
So, if you’re also facing such errors while operating the XLSX file. Then, no worries, because you have come to the right page. Here, we will start sharing the solutions to fix we found a problem with content in excel error. So, let’s start without wasting a minute.
Related Article: How to Save Contacts from Excel to Outlook?
Methods to Fix We Found a Problem With Some Content in Excel Error
To resolve this error, we will be discussing the various techniques here-
- Microsoft Inbuilt Feature
- Set Calculation Option
- Create Copy of Excel Workbook
- Link to the Faulty Excel File
- Automated Solution
Now, let’s just understand each method one by one in a precise manner.
Resolve Excel 2013, 2016, 2019 File Error Using MS Feature
There is a File Repair feature for all MS Office applications. So, using it you can clear up the Excel file issues. Although this feature can only settle the minor errors of the XLSX file. Hence, to use it, follow the steps-
- Firstly, open the MS Excel application. Now, navigate to the File tab and choose the Open option
- Then, in the Open dialog box, just browse the folders where the inaccessible file has been saved
- Afterwards, select the file, then from the drop-down option of the Open option. Select the Open and Repair button
By doing so, it will start resolving the file errors. But, if it fails, you can still choose the Extract Data option.
Although it will only extract the formulas and values from the file.
If this process doesn’t work, you can try another method as mentioned in the next section.
Change Calculation Option to Manual
If the above manual method does not work. Then, you can set the automatic calculation option into manual. By doing so, the Excel workbook will not be recalculated and it can open MS Excel 2013, 2016, 2019. So, to perform this task, follow the steps-
- First of all, open Excel and mouse-click on the File
- Now, tap the New icon and choose Blank Workbook
- When the blank workbook will open, just click on the File > Options
- Then, from the Excel Option dialog box, pick the Formulas option. By selecting it, choose Manual in Workbook Calculation options and hit the Ok button
- After this, tap the File option then click Open. Now, go to the location of the faulty Excel workbook
- Select the file, and open it by clicking the Open button. The file must be open in Excel. If the workbook opens, just check all the data content.
Related Article: How to Transfer Contacts from Excel to Gmail?
Create Copy to Fix We Found a Problem With Some Content in Excel Error
If you didn’t find the data contained in the Excel 2013, 2016, 2019 file by using the above manual method. Then, you should try this one.
Mostly Excel files show “We found a problem with some content in Excel (Excel_filename) Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, then click Yes error. So, in this method, you can open the file in read-only mode. Then you can move its content into another Excel Workbook.
To do so, follow the below mentioned steps in the next section-
- Just open the MS Excel 2013, then open the faulty Excel file in Read-only mode
- Now, tap CTRL + A then press CTRL + C to select and copy all the content in Excel
- After copying the content, just open a blank Workbook. Afterwards, press the CTRL + V to paste the copied data
- Finally, save this new file at any location. You’re done!
Link to the Inaccessible Excel File
In this method, you will need to use external references to link to the flawed Excel Workbook. Then, you can regenerate the content from it. However, it won’t recover the formula or calculated values. Hence, this method is not feasible to use –
However, it will keep the content data of the inaccessible Excel file, but remove the link of the faulty workbook. Also, remember, the recovered data will not contain any formulas or calculate values.
Related Article: How to Convert Excel to PDF on MAC OS?
Fix We Found a Problem With Some Content in Excel Error Automatically
As if you tried all the manual solutions and none of them worked well. Then, in this situation, we would recommend you to go for the SYSDaddy Excel File Recovery Software. This program is capable to resolve this error within a few minutes regardless the type of error in both XLSX and XML files.
It can resolve them all. Moreover, it is the most trusted solution as it is tested by technical experts. So, every one of you can operate this because of its simple interface. Likewise, it works with all the versions of MS Excel i.e 2013, 2016, 2019.
Download the software to try its demo version for free-
Step by Step Guidelines to Use the Utility
Download the software on your computer first. Then, following the steps to fix we found a problem with some content in excel error-
- Click on the Add File or Search File
- Now, Preview the Excel workbook and click on the Repair button
- Then, choose the Location Path to save resultant Excel file
- Finally, click on the Save button to save the recovered file at any location.
We Found a Problem With Some Content in Excel – Wrap Up
In this tutorial, we have discussed how to fix we found a problem with some content in excel 2013, 2016, 2019 error. Here, you got different methods to resolve it. A few of them were the manual methods that you can try.
However, they are not much feasible. That’s why you should go for the SYSDaddy Software to get rid of this error. So, if you want to use the Excel file in the right manner we recommend you to choose an automated method.