How to Repair Corrupt Excel Spreadsheet 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010?
Though the corruption of the Excel file can be really painful if you are in need. There could be different reasons for the corruption. Hence, you should take the action on time. But, if you just let this sink and wait for the auto repair. Then, it will lead you in a situation where you can lose your crucial data. So, to give you a relief we were going to share methods to repair corrupt Excel file
Though MS Excel is being used by almost everyone these days. It doesn’t matter if it is used for personal use or professional use. It works the same for all. So that, anyone can save a large amount of data into it. That’s why it is most preferable. As it is more preferred for storing a large number of calculations and all stuff. The chances of the file that gets damaged increases. Because of its necessity, it is very important to fix corrupted Excel file 2019, 2016, 2010, 2013, etc.
Read More: Export Excel Spreadsheet Contacts to Outlook
How Does Excel Sheet Get Damaged?
There could be different cases that prompt the corruption of Excel spreadsheet. Let’s have a look at the few reasons behind damage Excel file 2019, 2016, 2010, 2013 –
- The abrupt closure of the computer can be the reason when the Excel file gets damaged. When you are working on Excel and suddenly the system shuts down or there is an unexpected power failure.
- Moreover, if there are any bad sectors in the hard drive, it leads the file to corruption.
- In addition, sometimes, the Excel file size also matters. It means when it exceeds the usual size, there may be chances of file corruption.
- Or, if you try to edit some old Excel spreadsheet of older version into a new version. Then, it also affects the File.
- Another reason could be the changes that have been done in the Excel file. When you change the file format from .xls or .xlsx to another one. It will not let you open the file again.
Read More: Add Contacts From Excel to WhatsApp
If you’re facing any of the above reasons then it means your Excel files have been corrupted. Let’s know what types of errors you get on the screen.
Types of Error Messages Occurs in the Excel File
When your excel 2019, 2016, 2010, 2013 spreadsheet get corrupted or damaged, you may encounter the following errors on the screen-
- Excel file can’t complete the task with provided resources.
- Excel cannot open the file (name of the file).xlsx.
- Found a problem with some data in the Excel Spreadsheet.
- Another error could be, the file is corrupted and cannot be opened.
- We are unable to read the Excel file errors.
These were the reasons and the errors that you be having in the Excel. So, now, let’s solve how to repair corrupt Excel file issue with working tactics in the next section.
Read More: Transfer Excel Contacts to Android Phone
How to Repair Corrupt Excel File with Different Modes?
However, there are two methods that you can use to fix damaged Excel file 2016, 2010, 2013, 2007.
Open and Repair Manual Way to Repair Damaged Excel Sheet
However, Microsoft Excel detects the corrupted file with itself. But, if it doesn’t then you can go with the manual method to fix it. Here, you will get the guidelines for the Open and Repair way.
- First of all, install the MS Excel application on your PC if you don’t have
- Secondly, go to the File option from the menu of Excel file
- After this, hit the Open option
- Now, just navigate the location where it contains the damaged file
- After selecting the corrupted Sheet, just click the drop-down option of the Open button. Here, click on the Open and Repair
- Finally, to fix as much of the Excel sheet data just tap the Repair button.
Note: You can also use the Extract Data option if the Repair doesn’t work out. However, you will be able to extract the Values and formulas from the Workbook.
How to Fix xlsx File Using Inbuilt Auto Repair Tactic?
In this manual method, you can use the auto repairing function provided by MS Excel. So, follow the instructions to use this function-
- Go to the Microsoft Excel application,
- Select the Open Other Workbooks option
- Now, just choose the corrupted Excel Spreadsheet. By opening it, you will get a pop-up as below. Here, just click the Yes button to repair
- A dialog box will appear named Repairs to SQL Recovery.xlsx. Finally, just click on the Close button and you’re done.
But, if none of the manual ways results in the complete repair of the corrupted Excel Spreadsheet. Then, you should opt an automated solution to fix this bug for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013.
Automatically Repair Corrupt Excel File
However, there is plenty of automated software are available which can help you to fix the corruption of the Excel workbook. But how will you choose the appropriate one? No worries, the SYSDaddy Excel File Recovery Software is the most reliable among all. You can use it as it is pre-tested by the top geek technicians. It is also on top because it is compatible with all the Windows versions even Win 11 also.
Not only this, but it supports MS Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and all below versions. Also, if you want to have a look at the repaired data of the Excel file then use it without any second thought.
In addition, it provides a free demo version. So, try Excel Repair tool freeware from below-
Guide to Fix Damaged Excel Sheet File
To repair a corrupt Excel file you must first download the Excel repair tool on your PC. After this, follow the instructions as stated below-
- Initially, click on the Add option to add corrupted file
- Then, mouse-click on the Repair icon to fix damaged xlsx file
- Now, just have a look on the repaired entire data of the Excel spreadsheet
- Finally, tap the Save button to export the repaired Excel Workbook at any location.
Being on the top even MS Excel can be corrupted or damaged. When this happens, you can hardly open its file or data. So, in this case, repairing is the only solution you have left with. Therefore, in this article, we have introduced all the possible tactics that will be helpful for you to fix damaged Excel Spreadsheet. Whereas the mentioned expert-recommended automated SYSDaddy Tool is best to repair corrupt Excel file.