How to Manage Large PST Files? Multiple Techniques
MS Outlook is a free email application that helps to transfer information all over the world. Data of MS Outlook application is saved in PST file extension such as contacts, emails, journals, tasks, notes, calendars, etc. PST is commonly known as the Portable Storage File. Unfortunately, the PST file has a size limit that varies for different versions of Outlook. This is why users want to manage large PST files to overcome corruption due to oversized.
In Outlook 2016, 2013, 2019, the PST document can save data up to 50 GB. So due to this, The PST files become excessively large and this slows down the working speed of the MS Outlook email application. Data corruption and data loss issues also occur when the PST file becomes oversized. So most of the users are trying to search for the best technique to reduce the size of Outlook PST files.
So, here we are, in this write-up we are going to discuss the top 2 techniques to manage Outlook PST files. Stay connected till the end to know the methods.
Method 1: Manage Large PST Files Professionally
You can Download the SYSDaddy Outlook PST Splitter tool which is one of the popular tool to manage and break large size PST files. This software has a user-friendly interface that supports dividing large-size PST file into small sizes. The user can divide oversized Outlook data files by year, size, date, email id, category, and folder. Let’s jump to the step-by-step working of the automated software:-
- Firstly, download and run the Utility on your machine.
- Use the “Add Files, Add Folder, and Search Files” buttons to add the PST file.
- Click on the “Browse” button to search a location to store the new PST documents.
- Choose the Split option according to the needs.
- Under the summary, the splitting information will be displayed, and click on the “Next” button.
- Finally, “The PST Files have been split successfully” will be displayed.
Advanced Features Offered by Tool
- The tool allows the users to manage PST files safely
- Users can add single as well as multiple PST files and folders in one go
- Divide PST files by email-id, date, category, year, and many other filters
- The software supports breaking the active and archived PST documents
- Supports to break large Outlook data files by the size of 1MB to 1TB
- The tool is available for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 and below versions
These are some of the common features which are provided by this professional tool. Let’s have a look at the manual approach as well.
Manual Technique to Manage Large PST Files
- Firstly, install and run the MS Outlook email client on your PC.
- Go to the “File” option and after that, hit the “Account Settings” option.
- Hit the “Data Files” option and go to the “Add” button.
- Here, add the location and name to store the new file and hit the “OK” option
- Exit from the account settings.
- Click on the File >> Open option, and select the Import button.
- Set the “Export to a File” option when a pop-up screen will appear and go to the “Next” option
- Now, choose the PST document and go to the “Next” button
- As per your requirement, select the folders and tap on the “Next” option.
- Search any specific location to store the new data.
- Finally, before exporting, choose from the options given, and Hit the “Finish” option.
Go through the above steps to manage Outlook PST files. But, the manual method has some drawbacks which we will discuss below.
Limitations of Manual Technique
Users can use the above-mentioned manual method to manage large PST files. But, it has some drawbacks, which are mentioned below:-
- The manual process consumes extra time and effort.
- Data integrity is not guaranteed.
- Users should have expertise in technical skills.
- Chances of data loss are very high.
- The manual method is very confusing also.
In the above blog, we have discussed multiple solutions to manage large PST files. The manual and automated solutions are mentioned here. But, the manual approach has some limitations which are also discussed above. So, to overcome those drawbacks, we suggest our users opt for professional software.