How to Recreate and Rebuild OST File in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010?
Summary: Are you stuck while finding a solution to recreate OST file in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010? Do you want to rebuild OST file in MS Outlook as soon as possible? Then, this article is for you. Here we have discussed all the possible methods for this query.
Being an offline folder of an Outlook application. The OST is an Outlook data file that is used for keeping the local synchronized copy of mailbox items. Like emails, contacts, attachments, and more.
However, somehow the OST file gets inaccessible. It can happen due to many reasons. When this error occurs, Microsoft Outlook stops working as it could not access the OST file. As a result, the synchronization between the server and the offline OST file stops and starts showing error messages.
But, the great thing is that you can recreate the OST file if it has started showing errors.
Read More: Repair Damaged or Corrupted OST file
Hence, to help you for rebuilding the new OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 application. We are here with some approaches. Just go through with them in the next section. But, before going ahead let’s know some reasons behind this issue.
Reasons Which Lead to Rebuilding OST in MS Outlook
However, the Outlook OST file can be corrupted because of the different reasons. And due to this, you can’t access the OST file at all. A few of the causes we are sharing below which affects the OST file-
- Virus and malware attacks can be the reason which affects the Outlook OST file.
- If there is a power failure while working on the Outlook then it also affects the OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010.
- Sometimes, the OST file gets inaccessible when the storage file in the hard drive reaches the maximum capacity.
- Likewise, if somehow there are any bugs and errors in Microsoft Outlook then it can be the main reason for the inaccessible OST files.
- Along with these, sometimes the wrong Add-ins become the reason for this error by which you need to rebuild the file again.
Read More: Retrieve Emails from OST File
Solutions to Recreate OST File in Outlook
To solve this issue, there are two methods that you can implement to reset OST file in Outlook-
To understand both of them, let’s skip to the manual approach first.
Manually Rebuild Offline Data File (OST) in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
Follow the steps to recreate OST files in Outlook –
- First of all, open the Outlook application of any version
- Just after this, go to the File > Info option > Account Settings > Account settings Option
- From the Account Settings dialog box, just click on the Data Files tab and choose any required email account
- After this, just mouse-click the Open File Location option. By clicking it, this will open the File Explorer window. Here, you can view your email account OST file
- Now, you can either move, delete it or rename the existing OST file
- Before doing this task, just close the Outlook first. Then, click the View option in the File Explorer. Double click the given file extension and rename it by choosing the Rename Option
- As you have renamed it, means the existing file is no longer available
- So, to rebuild it again. Just open the Outlook application again. The MS Outlook automatically reset OST file in Outlook. Also, it will start synchronizing the mail items from the mailbox on the server.
Note: Just make sure, you take a backup of this OST file before recreating it.
How to Recreate OST File in MS Outlook Automatically?
Though the manual method is okay while rebuilding the Offline data file but while processing it, you might lose some emails. As while doing this task, the synchronization between the mailbox or the email server might stop. Hence, you must use a systematic approach for the completion of this task.
One of the most reliable and systematic techniques is SYSDaddy Microsoft Outlook Repair Tool. As it is very quick and provides accurate results without losing any part of the data. Moreover, this application is built for the purpose of recovering the OST file in the Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019. Also, by using it you will get a healthy file with its proper data.
Not only this but it comes with a free demo version so that you can download it and implement the instructions to rebuild OST file in Outlook application.
Steps to Reset MS Outlook Offline Data File
Before anything, you need to download the software on your PC. After completion, run this tool and implement the each step –
- In the initial stage, tap the Add File option from the software window
- Then, after selecting the file, just Preview all the data of the OST file
- Now, choose the PST file option in the Select Export Type section. Also apply Advance Settings
- Finally, browse the destination and hit the Export button to recreate OST file in Outlook.
Just performing these four simple steps you will be good to go.
However, recreating the OST file is much easier if you have an active mailbox profile on the server. But, if you find data of the Offline data file missing and not synchronized with the mailbox. Then, it becomes a serious issue. Therefore, to resolve it, here, we have shared all the possible methods to recreate OST file in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2019. Using them you can easily access the data of the OST file again as it was in the earlier stage. But, if you fail to rebuild OST file in MS Outlook then you can convert your file into PST format by using the SYSDaddy Software. Though the final choice is yours what do you want to do with your data.