How to Export G Suite Mailbox to PST Format?
Summary: If you want to know how to migrate G Suite to Outlook application. Or what can be done to export G Suite mailbox to PST file format. Then, you have come to the right page. Here, we will be explaining you different strategies for migrating the mailbox of your G Suite to Outlook PST format.
However, Google Apps has been a great platform when it comes to setting mailbox with the given domain. Along with it, G Suite provides also gives other special features that you don’t get in other email clients. Like it provides access to the Google Sheet, Drive, Docs, and Google applications.
On the other hand, when Microsoft launched the Outlook 2019 version, many organizations decided to switch to Outlook. Because it is more convenient for large organizations.
Read More : G Suite Legacy Alternative
Though the task of migrating from G Suite to PST format is not an easy one but here we will provide you best solutions for this. So, don’t worry and stick to this article.
Available Strategies to Export G Suite Mailbox to PST
There are basically two approaches that you can use to perform this migration task –
Read More : Export Emails From G Suite
Migrate G Suite to Outlook Using Data Export Tool
If you are not aware of the Google in-built tool then yes there is a tool that will help you. Google has launched this Data Export tool, so, follow the below steps to know the working –
- Before anything else, sign in to your G Suite account (use Super Administrator credentials) then, tap on the Next button to proceed further
- In the second step, go to the Admin Console and tap on the side Arrow
- Now, just select the Data Export option from the Tools menu on the right panel
- Here, hit the Start Export button to begin the process to export G Suite mailbox to PST format
- After getting the confirmation link, just open it and pick the Access Archive option
- Then, navigate to the root folder in the archive to see a list of users’ folders in the Google Cloud storage. Doing this there will be a zip file for each folder.
- Finally, to get the data just double click on them and open the user’s data. One more thing that you need to know, you can only have access to the exported data for 30 days before permanently deletion.
Important Note: For this task, Google will send you the confirmation for your exported data. However, it takes approx. 72 hours, but it might take up to 14 days depending on the G Suite data. Until then just for the message.
Read More : G Suite No Longer Free
Limitation of Using Data Export Method
- With this data export tool, you will not be able to export specific data from G Suite.
- Moreover, you will only be able to repeat this migration task before 30 days of the last G Suite mailbox export.
- Likewise, the resultant data you will get on the Google cloud will be in Zip format.
- Besides, the Zip format will be unzipped in the MBOX format, which is not supported by the Outlook application. So, as a result, you will not be able to export G Suite mailbox to PST format.
As this zip format will be in the MBOX format, so you will need to convert MBOX file into PST format. Therefore, you can use the G Suite mailbox data in your MS Outlook data.
Export G Suite Mailbox to PST For Single User
To process this migration process for the G Suite account you must proceed with the below manual steps –
Step 1 – Enable IMAP in Your G Suite Account
- Firstly, login into your G Suite account, choose the Settings option
- Here, tap on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option
- Then, mouse-click on the enable IMAP option and Save Changes that you have done so far.
Step 2 – Configure G Suite Account into MS Outlook
To move ahead with the process to export G Suite mailbox to PST, the next step is to configure it into Outlook –
- So, for this, open your MS Outlook application,
- Secondly, go to the File and tap on the Add Account in Info Section
- Now, put your email credentials and hit the Sign-in button
- By doing this, you have successfully configured your G Suite account into Outlook, then finish it by clicking on the Done button.
Step 3 – Export G Suite Mailbox to PST Format
- To access the mailbox of the G Suite account you need to go to the File > Open & Export > Import/Export
- Select the “Export to a file” option and tap on the Next button
- Now, choose the folder that includes G Suite emails and hit the Next to proceed
- Lastly, Browse the location to save the resultant PST file and hit the Finish button.
- So, this was the other manual process to perform the task to migrate G Suite to Outlook application.
Limitations of Manual Method by Configuration
In this method, you will face certain limitations, these are –
- The first limitation is that you will need an Outlook application with proper configuration.
- Along with this, when you configure the IMAP, it will only Sync Inbox Data, so, no other data from your G Suite mailbox will be exported.
- Likewise, it does not allow the configuration of multiple accounts at once.
- Additionally, it is a bit technical process, which means, you must have the proper technical knowledge to perform this manual migration task.
Best Way to Migrate G Suite to Outlook Account
In the above section, you have read multiple limitations of both methods to export G Suite mailbox to PST. Therefore, it becomes the need to do this task carefully. Hence, we have a better solution for you to complete this migration process.
You need to use a specialized program that you can trust on. That’s why we recommend you to go for the SYSDaddy Google Workspace Backup Wizard. This program is quite sufficient to migrate G Suite to Outlook. It will provide you a resultant PST file.
Moreover, unlike, the above method you will not require to have the technical knowledge to use it. So, export your entire mailbox including emails, contacts, calendars, and documents at once.
Steps to Automatically Export G Suite Mailbox to PST File
First of all, download the software on your PC and follow the below steps to migrate G Suite mailbox –
- Once the software screen opens, select the category such as Emails
- In the next step, fill the admin and other credentials accordingly and tap on the Next button
- Then, in the Select Path option to save the resultant PST file of the user account
- In the last step, hit the Start Backup option to create a backup of the mailbox of your G Suite account.
There could be many reasons behind migrating the G Suite mailbox to Outlook account. Therefore, today, in this article, we have mentioned different ways to export G Suite mailbox to PST format. You can use the above manual method but the file will not be supported in an Outlook account. Hence, we recommend you to choose the second professional approach to go for the completion of the G Suite migration. With this, you will get a secure and accurate result for your G Suite account.