Know How to Convert Lotus Notes Emails to MBOX
Keen to know how to convert Lotus Notes emails to MBOX? Then you are on the right path here in this article we are going to discuss the best way to migrate Lotus Notes emails to MBOX. So stick with this blog or bookmark if planning to switch your email client to Thunderbird or any other email client that supports MBOX.
Well, IBM Notes is a very popular email client but it very complex and professional email client that requires a technical user. Also, its maintains charges are very high so most of the users or companies seeking an alternative. And Thunderbird is one of the best alternatives for Lotus Notes because it is an open-source email client and most importantly it is free. Now the big question is how will you access all your Lotus Notes emails in Thunderbird. Because both of the email clients support different file formats. Lotus Notes support NSF and Thunderbird support MBOX.
Now, due to a file compatibility issue, you can not migrate the data of Lotus Notes to Thunderbird. So, in order to access the Lotus Notes emails in Thunderbird first, you have to convert Lotus Notes Emails to MBOX. But before going towards procedure let a brief detail about NSF and MBOX and what is the need for this conversion.
Difference Between NSF and MBOX
As we said above Lotus Notes stores all its data locally in NSF file format on the computer or on the server. And when you connect to the internet all the data transfer to the Domino Server.
On the other hand, MBOX is the file type that is supported by many email clients like Apple Mail, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, and many others. MBOX contains various mailbox items like- emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, journals, etc.
Why do Users need to Convert Lotus Notes to MBOX?
- As we said above the maintenance cost of Lotus Notes is higher than other email clients this is the reason many users switching from Lotus Notes to Thunderbird.
- Lotus Notes is a very complex email client hence non-technical users not able to run this correctly.
- Lotus Notes offers a secure algorithm and does not allow users for accessing the NSF file format with any other email application.
Automated Way to Convert Lotus Notes Emails to MBOX
If you are seeking for the free manual method to export Lotus Notes emails to MBOX, then there is bad news for you, because there is no manual method available that migrate Lotus Notes to MBOX. So, in that situation you have only one solution left and that is automated.
SysTools NSF Converter is the best and reliable utility to convert Lotus Notes emails to MBOX format. It provides advance functionality as well as a secure way to migrate NSF to MBOX It is Not only MBOX this software designed to import NSF files to EML, MSG, and PDF. Along with emails it also converts Lotus Notes contacts and calendar. The tool is capable to converts Lotus Notes Mailbox with entire metadata, internet header, etc to MBOX file format in a well-organized manner.
- An Amazing Features of NSF Converter-
- The tool provides various functions such as:
- The fastest solution for export Lotus Notes emails to four different file formats.
- Capable of preserves data Integrity during the conversion process.
- Capable to maintain folder structure.
- Perform bulk migration to Lotus Notes data
- Straightforward and user-friendly GUI.
- Provides secure migration results without any data loss.
- The tool is compatible with all versions of Lotus Notes.
- Supported by all Windows OS editions of 32-bit and 64-bit system type.
How to Convert Lotus Notes Emails to MBOX Using Tool
1. Firstly download and install the tool, on your machine
2. Now, tick out Select NSF File(s) radio button and click on the Add File(s) or Add folder to add the NSF file directly
3. User can also add files directly from Domino Server just provide Domino Server IP Address and Password
4. Now, choose the Export Option
5. After that select Mail from Select Categories option
6. Choose the Advance Conversion Options such as HTML, Formatting, Internet Header, Remove Encryption, Maintain Folder Hierarchy, All Documents, and Docklink
7. Select the destination location to save the migrated file
8. At last click on the Export button and wait until the confirmation message
There are many Lotus Notes users who want to convert Lotus Notes emails to MBOX because they want to switch from Lotus Notes. So, in this write-up, we have discussed the best and most secure way to export NSF files to MBOX. So, go through the blog to know the whole conversation.