How to Print Password Protected PDF? Complete Guide
Summary – In this Guide, we have discussed what are the reasons to print password protected PDF. What can be done to rectify this issue? Therefore, we have described the two methods here. The manual method and a professionally recommended solution.
Both are capable to print secured PDF files for both Windows and Mac operating users. So, read the complete guide to find out more. Download the software from the buttons given below to print locked PDF on Windows and Mac without having installed Adobe Acrobat.
Some password-protected PDF documents are incompatible with some printing systems. This is a known issue by most users and can occur when using computers in the library or uploading files from your own device. It becomes a serious problem when you want to print the PDF but are unable to do so and you are not getting any alert or pop-up for the error.
Hi, a few days ago, I wanted a printed report on Windows OS, the PDF contained some crucial data. However, I couldn’t print the PDF because the print button in Adobe Acrobat was grayed out. Later I came to know that some restrictions have been added to the PDF file. So, can anyone help me with how can I print a password protected PDF?
But, before going further to the solutions for both Windows and Mac OS. First, let us understand what are the reasons behind printing the locked PDF.
Easily Print Protected PDF Just a Few Clicks
1: Initially, Download and run the software.
2: Then, click on the Add File or Folder(s) option to add locked PDF.
3: Now, Enter the password of the PDF file and select Print option.
4: Click the Unlock button & start the procedure for PDF unlocking.
A pop-up message will get displayed “Unlock process completed successfully”. Now, click on the View Report Option & check the details like Selected path, Destination Path, Unlock Status, Total Count, Fail Count, and success count.
Reasons to Print Password Protected PDF
There can be various causes for printing secured PDF documents that are password protected. Let’s look at a few.
- First, the permission password is applied to the document so that no one can print and modify the file but that password is lost or forgotten.
- Another reason is- every time you’re requested to enter the password for opening & printing the document.
Now, after knowing the reasons let’s come to know how to print protected PDF.
Different Solutions to Print Password Protected PDF Documents
There are two different ways by which you can take the printout of protected PDF documents. These are as follows:
Case 1: Print Locked PDF via Google Chrome
- Make sure you select the correct printer in the “Print“
- If you use Google Chrome, there is an easy way to print locked PDF files. In this order:
- Open locked PDF files in Google Chrome.
- Press Ctrl+P (Command+P if you’re using a Mac) to open the print window.
- In the destination, click the Edit button.
- Choose the Save as PDF from the list of options.
- Click the “Save” button and choose where to save the unlocked PDF file.
- Open an unlocked PDF and print it from your favorite PDF viewer.
Case 2: Print Secured PDF via Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Reader is a very popular PDF viewer that can also be used to open and print locked PDF files. In this order:
- Start Adobe Acrobat Reader and open the print-locked PDF file.
- Enter your password when prompted, and click the OK button.
- Once the files is open, Go to File > Print.
- Then click the “OK” button to print the file.
Limitations of Both Manual Methods
- By using it, you can only remove security from a single PDF document at a time.
- Moreover, this will ask you for the permission password to print secured PDF document
- If you are using this method, it will consume your extra time if you want to print multiple PDFs together
- If the PDF file has print restrictions, the print option will be disabled.
- In addition, you should be technically sound to carry out this manual process.
Expert Solution to Print Password Protected PDF
The above solutions is suitable for those who know the password to the PDF file. What happens if you forget or don’t know your password? In this case, you should use SYSDaddy PDF Password Remover Software. With this tool, you can unlock various passwords on PDF files that prevent you from copying, printing, and editing them. You can remove workflow-blocking restrictions from this tool.
It is the best solution to help you out, you can easily print secured PDF by performing a few simple steps. Also, if the file is having a password then it can be removed easily by this program. But, initially, for unlocking this user-level password-protected PDF, you should enter the password in the beginning. Also, the software’s intuitive interface makes it easy for you to unlock PDF form fields permission password.
Also Read: How to Remove PDF Security Settings?
Complete Guide to Unlocked PDF Files without Knowing Password
- Download and install the utility and follow the steps to know how to use the tool print secured PDF-
- Now, click the Add File or Add Folder option to insert the protected PDF file.
- View PDF file information such as file size (MB), permissions (initially ‘disabled’), and password (optional).
- Now the software offers two options: “Save” and Print.”
- By selecting the “Save” option, the user will be able to save the unlocked PDF file to the selected destination.
- If you select the print option, you will print the unlocked PDF file directly.
- Here we select the “Save” option. Now, Select the “Change” option and Select the destination.
- After that, click the “Unlock” button to start the process of removing PDF restrictions.
- When the file is opened, the permissions will change from “disabled” to “enabled“. Also, the unlock status will change from “In Progress” to “Completed“.
- Additionally, you will see the message “PDF file unlocked“. shown. Click the “OK” button.
- Also, if you want to stop the process in the middle, click the “Stop” button.
- The software will display the total number of files, the number of successful files, and information about the number of files that failed.
Key Features of the Utility
- You will be able to remove AES & RC4 128 & 192 bit encryption through this tool.
- Multi documents printing is possible with this software
- This application is capable to remove comment restrictions. After that, you can comment to the sticky notes section.
- You don’t need to worry about the data integrity while using this software because it keeps intact the originality and formatting of the PDF files.
- It is compatible with all Windows and Mac OS X 10.8 and above versions
- In this software, there is an option which will remove signature restrictions and it enables you to form filling in PDF.
We all use the PDF file for our day-to-day tasks and sometimes, we lock the PDF file for security purposes. But, the problem comes when the other user to whom you shared the file cannot print secured PDF file. Here, in this write-up, we have covered the two solutions to print password protected PDF Mac and on Windows. One is manual and the other one is automated. The manual solution has some limitations that are covered by the professional recommended SYSDaddy Software. This utility can unlock multiple PDF documents. Along with this, it does not require any permission password to do the task.
Common Ask Questions
Q – Do I need to install the Adobe Acrobat along with this tool?
No, you do not need to install Adobe Acrobat to print secured PDF. This tool is compatible to print the file without Adobe Acrobat.
Q – Can this tool unrestricted the PDF file in batch?
Yes, if you are having multiple restricted PDF to print then this tool will be a useful source to fix this issue.
Q – Does this application supports to unlock the Owner level password security on PDF?
Of course, yes, this application supports unlocking the PDF file from Owner level password security
Q – Will my data be safe while using this tool?
Absolutely yes, your data is fully secure and safe while using this tool