Move Google Doc to Google Drive Folder – Two Solutions
There are solutions to move Google Doc to Google Drive folder. Most of the users of Google Apps know that there is a 15GB of free storage space provided in Google Drive to upload files from your computer. Two types of files can be stored on Google Drive:
- Editable Files – The files that can be edited like PDFs, Docs, other text-based files, etc.
- Un-editable Files – The files that cannot be edited like music, videos, compressed files (.zip files), and many others.
Now, about the solutions that we were talking about to transfer Google Doc to Google Drive folder. There are two solutions that we will be discussing in the blog today. One is a manual method, another is an automated solution. Now, without wasting any time, let’s jump right into the manual method.
Manually Move Google Doc to Google Drive Folder
There can be two case scenarios for users to move Google doc.
Case 1 – Transfer Google Doc to Same G Drive Folder
Users can move their Google Doc from one G Drive folder to another folder by following the steps given below:
- Go to Google Drive and choose the file they want to move.
- Right-click on the selected file.
- Click on the “Move” option.
Case 2 – Move Google Doc from One G Drive folder to Another G Drive folder
Follow the steps as given below to transfer Google doc to Google Drive folder:
- First of all, you have to select the file you want to move and download it.
- Then, go to your Google Drive and choose the “New” button.
- Hit the “File Upload” option
- Navigate to the file you want to upload and select it. Click on the “Open” button.
- After that, you will see that you have moved Google Doc to Google Drive folder.
Note: Some users may be able to upload files by clicking and dragging a file from their computer to G Drive depending on their browser and OS.
The manual method to transfer Google doc to Google Drive folder is a bit time-consuming process. Sometimes, users may also not be able to move the docs without any data loss or any modifications being made to the docs. Also, the doc with a large size cannot be transferred easily and most of the times the docs file lose its data. The manual method is usually not recommended due to such limitations for moving a Google Doc to Google Drive Folder. Well, there is another solution that can be used by the users. It is an automated solution which is quite useful and a reliable tool. Learn more about this tool in the next section.
Transfer Google Doc to Google Drive Folder using Expert Solution
Using the expert solution, users can be stress-free as no data is lost or modified during the migration process. Users can choose to migrate one or multiple file(s) or folder(s) using the SysTools Migrator tool. It is a secure way of moving Google Doc to Google Drive Folder with ease. The tool can migrate user mailbox from one G Drive to another.
The various features that the tool provides are mentioned in the next section.
Features of the tool to Transfer Google Doc to G Drive Folder
- Re-Run Migration: Users get 3 modes to start the migration process again. Choose “Retry Failed Items” to migrate failed or skipped items from the previous migration process. Go for “Re-Run Full Migration” to run the entire migration process again. Select “Delta-Migration” to migrate only the new arrived data to avoid duplicity.
- Date-Range Filter: Use this filter to move Google Doc to Google Drive folder from a particular time period.
- Concurrent Migration: Enable this option in the “Advanced Settings” to migrate multiple accounts docs in batch mode at a time.
- Deleted Items Migration: If users want to move a doc file that may have been deleted and moved to the trash folder, the tool can still find the doc and move it to the folder in G Drive.
- Folder Hierarchy: The structure of the folder or file is maintained by the tool after transferring Google Doc to G Drive folder.
- Pause/Resume: Users can pause or resume the migration process if the process has been interrupted due to power failure or losing internet connectivity.
- Source and Destination Mapping: Two options are provided to fetch the data: “Fetch Users” to fetch data automatically and “Import Users” to upload a CSV files of users’ choice.
Pre-Requisites for moving Google Doc to Google Drive Folder using the tool
There are certain pre-requisites that user should fulfill before migrating data. These are as follows:
- A destination user account should already be created at the destination admin account.
- Google Console Project to be created, Enable API, and Add Scopes.
Steps to Transfer Google Doc to Google Drive Folder
Follow the steps below to start the migration process.
- Run and Install the tool. If it is not activated, hit the “Activate” button on the bottom left corner of the window. Go to the “Setup” tab and choose the “Source” as G Suite and “Destination” as G Suite.
- Choose the “Document” from the “Category” list and apply “Date-Range” filter if required from the “Workload Section”.
Note: Enable the radio buttons next to “Migrate document permissions” and “Use Group Mapping”.
- After that, you have to enter the “Admin Email ID”, “Service Account ID, and “Certificate File” in the Source Window. Click on “Validate” and hit “Next”.
- After that, in the Destination Window, enter the “Admin Email ID”, “Service Account ID, and “Certificate File”. Click on “Validate” and hit “Next”.
Note: Choose the fetching process by selecting either of the two options: “Fetch Users” and “Import Users”. We are showing for “Fetch Users”.
- To fetch the data automatically, click on the“Fetch Users” option and hit the “Continue” button.
- Once the fetching process has completed, enter the “Destination Email” and click on “Validate”. Now, hit the “Start Migration” buttonto transfer Google Doc to G Drive folder.
There is also an option provided to the users to stop the migration process by choosing the “Stop Migration” button. Once the migration process is completed, you can also generate reports of the migrated files by choosing either of the options:
- Summary Report: To generate the summary report of the migrated files.
- Detailed Report: To generate the detailed report of each file migrated in .csv format.
The tool also provides an option to select users based on their priorities by marking the “Priorities” checkbox and enable the “Show Selected Users” to view the selected ones.
This is how the users can move Google Doc to Google Drive Folder using the automated and expert solution.
Users finding solutions to transfer Google Doc to G Drive folder can now easily do the task by using the quickest way mentioned. The tool has no such limitations as the manual method and doesn’t lose any of the data. Since the data is important to the users, it is recommended that they use this tool to be free of stress and focus on their work more effectively. It is compatible with multiple operating systems.